History Of Our Bank
Mission Statement: The mission of First State Bank Central Texas is to help our communities achieve.
First State Bank was originally chartered in 1909 to serve the local and surrounding agrarian community of Chilton, Texas. In 1987, the institution was relocated to the nearby urban community of Temple. Since that time, First State Bank has engaged in a strategy of market expansion opening branches throughout Central Texas. As the population of the Hill Country and Central Texas has grown, so too has our bank’s reputation for soundness and service. In the decades that have followed, FSBCT has opened banking centers in cities and communities throughout the expanding region from its original base in Bell and Falls counties to include Bastrop, Burnet, Coryell, Hamilton, Hays, Lampasas, Llano, Mason, Mills, Travis and Williamson counties. Reflecting our deep commitment to this expanding market area, the bank in early 1999 changed its name to First State Bank Central Texas.
First State Bank Central Texas provides full service banking primarily to commercial entities, agriculture interests and personal customers. In the Bank’s ongoing efforts to provide a full array of financial products and services, the Bank has established affiliations with First Central Texas Insurance (general insurance agency) and First Community Title Company (title insurance agency).
The strength of FSBCT is based on our ability to attract customers desirous of dealing with an independent locally owned institution capable of providing a full complement of banking services in a timely, personal and professional manner. Today, with 31 locations in the Central Texas market and over $1 Billion in assets, FSBCT is one of the strongest and largest independent banks in Texas.
// top //